2 March 2019
Mark your calendars now as this is going to be a special day for the whole family - we've got a lot of exciting things lined up throughout the day such as games, musical performances, meet and greets, and art competitions!
There is NO COST to enjoy the festivities of the day at the Visitor Centre.
KIDS receive FREE Sanctuary Explorer passes!* Please see event notes below for terms and conditions.
Please note that regular prices apply for our regular guided tours for all ticket types (adults/children/concession) as well as Sanctuary Explorer passes for adult/concession tickets (kids receive FREE Sanctuary Explorer passes as mentioned above).
- MEET THE RANGER from 10am -11am - Have a chat with our friendly and knowledgeable ranger for a behind-the-scenes peek at what conservationists do. See never-before seen photos and videos of our conservation work.
- VOLUNTEER DRIVE Meet our lovely volunteers and have a chat about getting involved in our conservation work. We are always on the lookout for volunteers.
- Enjoy MUSICAL PERFORMANCES from our talented local groups.
- FREE FACE PAINTING FOR KIDS from 11.30am - 1.30pm.
- ARTS CORNER WITH COLOUR-IN COMPETITION. Winners will receive some cool prizes and will be featured on our social media pages and monthly newsletters!
- Or you can simply just hang out with us, bring your own picnic lunch, take in the view of the beautiful maunga, and enjoy the festive atmosphere!
*Must be accompanied by a paying parent or guardian. Passes must be used on the day and cannot be rescheduled or exchanged for cash, gift, or any other voucher. Limit of One (1) Sanctuary Explorer pass per child. Child is defined as 16 years old and below. Free Sanctuary Explorer Passes for kids are for the self-explore walks only and exclude admission to any of the regular guided tours.