Visit the maunga and learn about how you can support your tamariki to learn about NZ's unique biodiversity and conservation science.
Experience the joy that being in nature brings and embrace the ngahere to grow your knowledge about New Zealand's unique biodiversity and how you can integrate this into your daily curriculum.
Led by experienced educators, this conservation education and biodiversity teacher professional development day will give you the opportunity to:
- Participate in hands-on, biodiversity activities that you can use in your own classroom.
- Grow confidence in integrating conservation education and biodiversity into your programmes of learning.
- Learn about and experience the unique biodiversity living in the protected forest on Maungatautari.
- Learn about what's on offer at Sanctuary Mountain Maungatautari.
- Leave inspired and equipped with practical resources to teach quality conservation education units.
Read more in our brochure or book online (limited places available)
For more information, contact:
Tali Jellyman (Education Team Leader, Sanctuary Mountain)
P: 027 529 8367
Tash Kingsford (DOC Community Ranger)
P: 027 284 8543