Alert Level 1:
Education tours may be facilitated by our education staff under alert level 1 providing the following guidelines are adhered to:
- Do not bring anyone on the trip that is not feeling well.
- Continue with good hygiene practices such as regularly washing your hands with soap and then drying them or using hand sanitiser. Cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- Hand sanitiser will also be available outside the visitor centre. Please facilitate the use of this upon arrival and at food and toilet break times.
- The COVID tracer app QR code is available outside the visitor centre for participants to scan upon arrival.
- The teacher in charge must keep a list of all participants on the trip including parents, helpers, bus driver and providers for two months (as per guidelines in the MOE document ‘Health and Safety in schools for COVID-19 - Guidance for all alert levels 1-4.’
- We continue to encourage social distancing between your group and Sanctuary Mountain staff, volunteers and other members of the public where possible.
- Bring your own bottle of water and your own packed lunch.
Alert Level 2:
Education groups may self-guide providing Level 2 guidelines are adhered to. These include:
- All LEOTC trips and camps should be treated with strong caution, particularly if there are a large number of students (and staff, parents and caregivers) involved, but can go ahead in Level 2.
- It is recommended that schools develop a specific health and safety plan for managing any LEOTC trip under Alert Level 2.
- Students who mix in an environment with the public become part of a mass gathering, so cannot visit premises while there are more than 100 people present.
- There should not be mixing of students from different schools. Each school group is a separate bubble.
- Schools must be able to identify and trace all adults they come in contact with eg; staff, bus drivers, instructors etc.
- The premises should be thoroughly cleaned before and after every visit.
- Where possible physical distancing of 2 metres should be followed, however this is not always possible, in which case 1 metre, or as much space as possible should be observed (the same as at school).
- The public health measures including; good hand hygiene, do not go on the trip if you are feeling sick, cleaning and disinfecting surfaces, and registers for contact tracing should be strictly enforced.
Bookings are essential in order to ensure the guidelines above can be adhered to.
Alert Levels 3 and 4:
Our Manu Tioriori visitor centre and southern enclosure will close under Alert Levels 3 and 4.